REED Intensive Behavior Services (RIBS) is a clinic-based day program designed to serve children ages 3-21 diagnosed with autism who cannot be served in less intensive settings due to severe challenging behavior.
Services focus on intensive applied behavior analysis (ABA) assessment and treatment strategies designed to reduce severe challenging behavior, increase adaptive behavior, and then transition students to a less-intensive level of care.
- Comprehensive assessment of severe challenging behavior
- Intensive intervention
- Teaching adaptive behavior
- Parent/Staff Training
Led by Dr. David Wilson, RIBS is one of a few programs nationally that specialize in the assessment and treatment of severe challenging behaviors. Several features of RIBS distinguish it from traditional ABA services offered in less-intensive settings.
- All services are overseen by a doctoral-level behavior analyst (BCBA-D) with over 25-years of experience in the assessment and treatment of challenging behavior
- Services delivered in a specialized/therapeutic environment designed to ensure safety
- Expertise in functional analysis; the gold standard for assessing challenging behavior
- Daily intensive-ABA sessions ensure each child makes progress toward treatment goals
- Expertise in collaborating with other disciplines to address complex challenging behaviors
- Capacity to implement complex interventions
The primary admission criteria include a diagnosis of autism and the presence of severe challenging behavior that has been resistant to treatment strategies delivered in less intensive settings. Severe challenging behaviors addressed include, but are not limited to, self-injurious behavior (SIB), aggression, disruptive behavior, property destruction, elopement, stereotypy, and pica. These behaviors may present a risk of harm to the individual and others and/or significantly interfere with social, academic, and independent functioning.
REED Intensive Behavior Services (RIBS) offers much-needed resources to the many individuals, families, and schools across New Jersey that require these highly specialized services.
REED Intensive Behavior Services (RIBS) is led by Dr. David Wilson, a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst-Doctoral (BCBA-D) with over 25 years of experience serving children, adolescents, and adults with autism and other developmental disabilities across a variety of settings.
To learn more about REED Intensive Behavior Services, contact Dr. Wilson at email@example.com.
Meet the Team
Mia McGowan, MA, BCBA
Senior Behavior Analyst
Anna Convery, M.Ed., BCBA
Julia Suter, M.S.